1937-1939 Talbot Lago Coupe T150 SS Memory Edition "Teardrop" 1/18 Diecast Model Car by CMC
(You save $51.80)
- 1937-1939 Talbot Lago T150 SS Memory Edition 1/18 Diecast Model Car by CMC
While researching and developing the Talbot Lago Type T 150 C-SS model series, CMC wanted to place a special emphasis on one specific variation of the line, the M-179 “Memory Edition”. This variation is modeled after the vehicle which was featured in the Rosso Bianco Collection in Aschaffenburg and is dark-aubergine in color (but with headlights which are recessed into the bodywork and arranged behind a chromium-plated metal grid). While the visiting this collection, this automobile had inspired the late CMC Co-Founder Mr. Herbert Nickerl in such a way that the desire to create a similar Talbot in a 1:18th scale was an enduring dream of his. With this release, we are fulfilling that dream!
- A happy circumstance came true when we were given access to an absolutely original Talbot-Lago “Teardrop” and were able
- to take its measurements. Our adrenaline was running high with the delightful anticipation and surging urge to replicate
- a masterpiece of automobile engineering, but we were also conscious of the challenging nature of such a project and the
- degree of commitment that it would require. After all, there is a general consensus that this legendary automobile car
- belongs in a class that stands all by itself. Only about a quarter of these impressive vehicles are still known to exist today
- they witnesses to a time gone by, when form was more important than it is today.With a body customized by the famous coachbuilder
- Fioni & Falaschi, the Talbot-Lago boasted an appearance that was virtually exorbitant.The car truly represented what we would call “a state of art” today.
- Hand-assembled precision metal model, built from 1,488 single parts.
- True-to-scale, authentic replication of the “Teardrop”-bodywork, customized by the renowned French coachbuilders Figoni & Falaschi.
- Precisely designed vehicle-frame as metal construction.
- Openable engine-hood with real air-vents.
- Supporting rod keeps the engine-hood in opened position.
- True to the original, distinctive front end with headlights recessed into the bodywork and arranged behind a chromium-plated metal grid.
- Perfectly designed cooler grill made of metal.
- Functional metal-sunroof, easy to open.
- Elaborate, side body trim strips made of metal.
- Form-fitting cover of the rear wheels with crescent shaped fender skirts.
- Movable doors.
- Perfectly-wired wheels with a light alloy rim, stainless steel spokes and nipples.
- Removable two-wing central locking nuts.
- Trunk lid has supporting rods on both sides and opens to reveal a removable spare-wheel
- Seat bench and foldable backrest upholstered with leather.
- Meticulous replication of the dashboard with all instruments and controls.
- Elaborate undercarriage with an authentically-replicated powertrain.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.5, W-4.5, H-3.5 inches.