1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 B Le Mans #19 Limited to 3000pc 1/18 Diecast Car Model by CMC
- Limited Edition. Only 3000 Pieces Produced Worldwide.
- The M-111 model is equipped with a number of movable and functional parts. This manual describes how to attend to them.
- 1. Hinged engine hood
- The four leather belts over the engine hood can be unfastened with the help of the enclosed tweezers. To do so, lift the buckle slightly off the bonnet and get the loose end of the belt out of the buckle. To fasten the belts, just go the opposite way. Either wing of the engine hood can be held in an open position by the supporting bar installed at the stiffener wall.
- 2. Removable covers for engine maintenance (left /right side)
- Carefully remove the four corner screws with the enclosed screw driver, and the cover will come off. To mount the cover, just put it back in place and tighten the corner screws. Be careful not to over-tighten the screws.
- 3. Removable rear-wheel covers (left/right side)
- To remove a rear-wheel cover, unfasten its two screws with the enclosed screw driver. To mount the rear-wheel cover, place it back into place and fasten its two screws. Be careful not to tighten the screws too much.
- 4. Lockable trunk lid
- To unlock the trunk lid, turn the two lock handles 90˚ in directions AWAY from each other. The trunk lid can be held in an open position with the supporting rod. To lock the trunk lid, turn the handles 90˚ downward to where they were originally. Attention: The spare wheel can’t be removed!
- 5. Removable wheels (special tool enclosed to help release and fasten the central locking nuts)
- Right-hand thread for central locking nuts of the left vehicle side, so unlock them counter-clockwise
- Left-hand thread for central locking nuts of the right vehicle side, so unlock them clockwise
- 6. Functional Doors
- Open the driver’s or co-pilot’s door carefully by pulling the door handle. In closing the door, make sure that the window frame fits back into the roof opening.
- 7. Movable corner windows
- With a door being opened, you can move its corner window horizontally by a tiny handle. Refrain from sliding the corner window too forcefully too far.
- 8. Fuel tank cover of the cockpit
- This cover can be opened. Beneath the cover is the fuel filler cap, which is functional as well.
For the upcoming 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1938, the racing department of Alfa newly founded "Alfa Corte" was particularly motivated; they wanted the win! A 8C 2900 B with special bodywork and a performance engine should allow this project.
The renowned coachbuilder Fa. Touring you can customize in the famous lightweight Superleggera as an aerodynamically shaped knowledge, closed body (Berlinetta). As a result, there is a stunning and yet very futuristic Released by Bolide ready for the start.
The experienced team of drivers for long haul Renne, Raymond Sommer and Clemente Biondetti went with the starting number. 19 in the race battle at La Sarthe. Never before in the Le Mans racing history, a vehicle has the race as dominant and superior dominated as the 8C 2900 B Speciale.
In the 20th hour of the race led the Alfa Corte - team already with 11 laps or about 160 Km edge over the entire competition the field, burst than at top of right front tire.Le Mans 1938 was the only appearance of the 8C 2900 B Speciale with the Touring Superleggera body.
Pilot Raymond Sommer was able to intercept the car, keep on track and reach the boxes. There was found that tire parts have damaged the engine mount and engine oil was lost. Nevertheless, Clemente Biondetti dared still as a leading team once again back on track, but he had after only two rounds finally give up with valve damage.
Thus ended one second to the other one already sure Felt victory in disaster.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.5, W-4.5, H-3.5 inches.
- 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 B Le Mans #19 Limited to 3000pc 1/18 Diecast Car Model by CMC.