1938 Mercedes W154 #16 Richard "Dick" Seaman GP-Sieger von Deutchland 1/18 Diecast Model Car by CMC
(You save $30.80)
- Brand new 1:18 scale diecast model car of 1938 Mercedes W154 #16 Richard "Dick" Seaman GP-Sieger von Deutchland die cast model car by CMC.
- Item Number: 098.
- Limited Edition 1 of 3000 Produced Worldwide.
- Born in 1913, Richard “Dick” Seaman was one of the most talented race drivers during the Pre-WWII era. It so happened that Mercedes-Benz was also hungry for victories. So in 1937, Alfred Neubauer, head of the Mercedes racing department, signed him on to become the 4th official Mercedes race driver beside Carraciola, von Brauchitsch and Lang.
- Dick Seaman carried the day on July 24th, 1938. It was at the famous Nürburgring that the German Grand Prix unfolded before the eyes of approximately 350,000 spectators. After a highly dramatic race, Dick Seaman won the Grand Prix in his Mercedes-Benz W154. The winning car that wore starting number 16 had a distinctive feature: Its radiator grille was painted green. This enabled people to know from afar who was driving the car. Dick Seaman won a well-deserved victory, thanks to his extraordinary driving skills and the special way that he handled his car.
- About one year later, the 1939 GP of Spa took place. Once again, the well-liked young Seaman was in the lead. But in the midst of a pouring rain, he lost control of his car and died in a fatal car-crash.
- Model Description
- Hand- assembled precision model, composed of more than 530 single parts
- Removable engine hood
- Detailed replication of the 12-cylinder V-engine in offset position
- Hand-made stainless steel radiator grille
- Removable wheels with hand-mounted spokes and authentic-looking tires
- Precisely replicated dashboard with instruments and controls
- Cockpit seat covered with fabric textile
- Movable wind shield
- Brilliant mirror-like paintwork
- Brand new box.
- Detailed interior, exterior.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.5, W-4, H-3.5 inches.
- 1938 Mercedes W154 #16 Richard "Dick" Seaman GP-Sieger von Deutchland 1/18 Diecast Car Model by CMC.