1962 Chevrolet Impala SS Hardtop Nassau Blue Metallic Limited Edition to 260 pieces Worldwide 1/43 Model Car by Goldvarg Collection
- Brand new 1/43 scale car model of 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS Hardtop Nassau Blue Metallic Limited Edition to 260 pieces Worldwide model car by Goldvarg Collection.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Officially licensed product.
- Highly detailed interior, exterior.
- Comes in plastic display showcase.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Dimensions approximately L-5, W-2, H-1.25 inches.
- This model is made of resin and does not have any openings.
The Impala name was first used for the full-sized 1956 General Motors Motorama show car that bore Corvette-like design cues, especially the grille. It was named Impala after the graceful African antelope, which was used as the car's logo. Painted emerald green metallic, with a white interior, the Impala concept car featured hardtop styling. Clare MacKichan's design team, along with designers from Pontiac, started to establish basic packaging and dimensions for their shared 1958 General Motors "A" body in June. The first styling sketch that directly influenced the finished Chevrolet automobile was seen by General Motors Styling Vice President Harley Earl in October. Seven months later the basic design was developed. For 1958 GM was promoting their 50th year of production, and introduced anniversary models for each brand; Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and Chevrolet. The 1958 models shared a common appearance on the top models for each brand; Cadillac Eldorado Seville, Buick Limited Riviera, Oldsmobile Starfire 98, Pontiac Bonneville Catalina, and the Chevrolet Bel-Air Impala.The Impala was introduced for the 1958 model year as top-of-the-line Bel Air hardtops and convertibles.