1962 Ferrari 250 GTO Red with DISPLAY CASE Limited Edition to 300 pieces Worldwide 1/18 Model Car by BBR
- Brand new 1/18 scale car model of 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO Red with DISPLAY CASE Limited Edition to 300 pieces Worldwide model car by BBR Models.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Detailed interior, exterior.
- Officially licensed product.
- Acrylic display case included.
- Dimensions approximately L-9, W-3.5, H-3 inches.
- This item is made of resin and does not have any openings.
The Ferrari 250 GTO was produced by Ferrari in the early sixties. It is considered the quintessential Ferrari and it is still one of the most famous cars of all time.
The number 250 is the displacement of each cylinder in cubic centimeters. GTO stands for "Gran Turismo Omologato (Approved)." This symbol will not be later used for several years until the presentation in 1984 of Ferrari 288 GTO. The 250 GTO was designed to participate in motor racing. It was an evolution of the "250 GT Short Wheel Base " which was to mount the 3-liter V12 engine from the 250 Testa Rossa on the 250 GT SWB base. After the chief engineer of this project , Giotto Bizzarrini, was fired along with other Ferrari engineers following a dispute with Enzo Ferrari , the project was handed over to new engineer Mauro Forghieri and designer Sergio Scaglietti.
The body, still very popular today, is the result of collaboration Bizzarrini - Scaglietti, and not, as is usually the result of a house or a designer brand.