1962 Pontiac Royal Bobcat Catalina Hardtop Test Car Aquamarine 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Auto World
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1962 Pontiac Royal Bobcat Catalina Hardtop Test Car Aquamarine die cast model car by Auto World.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Steerable wheels.
- Opening hood, doors and trunk.
- Made of diecast with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-11.5, W-4.25, H-3.25 inches.
Built on December 22, 1961, this 1962 Pontiac® Catalina™ was sold brand new through Royal Pontiac, of Royal Oak Michigan and was likely the very first Super Duty to roll off the assembly line. This car was destined to introduce the world to the dominant power of the Super Duty Catalina™ by Motor Trend Magazine and journalist Roger Huntington. Driven by Pontiac advertising executive Jim Wangers, this car was put through a series of track tests in the dead of winter in less-than-optimal conditions. Still, the car rocketed from 0-to-60mph in 5.4s. Its quarter-mile was a sparse 13.9 seconds, at 107mph. Roger Huntington's Motor Trend article is deemed one of the most famous Super-Duty Pontiac® performance reviews ever.