1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 Convertible Madiera Maroon Metallic with Red Interior "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 Convertible Madiera Maroon Metallic with Red Interior "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Opening hood and doors.
- Officially licensed product.
- Accurate interior and chassis.
- Made of diecast with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.5, W-4.25, H-3 inches.
Bill Wente spotted this mostly-untouched 1967 Chevy® Chevelle™ convertible at the Fall Carlisle PA Swap Meet in 1979. He wasn’t really in the market for a car, but the original condition of the car captured Bill’s attention. A deal was made for $1700, and Bill drove it home to Iowa churning through 10 quarts of oil over the 1,000-mile drive. Over the next 30 years, the car was in various stages of disassembly and restoration. Slowly but surely, the Madiera Maroon paint was applied, the body was reunited to the chassis, and the 396ci engine and drive-train were meticulously reassembled to perfection. Bill’s goal of finishing the restoration and showing the car at the 2019 MCACN had become a reality.