1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass Hurst/Olds Silver "Class of 68" 50th Anniversary Limited Edition to 1002 pieces Worldwide 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
(You save $15.00)
- Brand new 1:18 scale diecast car model of 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass Hurst/Olds Silver "Class of 68" 50th Anniversary Limited Edition to 1002 pieces Worldwide die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Steerable front wheels.
- Opening hood and doors.
- Accurate interior and chassis.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.75, W-4, H-3 inches.
- 1968 was the year of the “Youngmobile.” GM launched their ad campaign focused on younger car buyers. The larger engines in mid-sized cars were at the time, widely available from competing manufacturers. GM set out to change that trend. Teaming up with Hurst, the Olds® Cutlass™ Hurst/Olds was the answer. Two different versions of the newly-developed 455ci motor was installed into the 1968 Olds® Cutlass™. The W45 engine was bolted into the non-AC cars while the W46 went into cars equipped with AC. Both engines produced 390hp at 5,000rpm, with a 10.50:1 compression ratio.
- Auto World has replicated an actual special-order H/O with a white interior owned by famed west coast racer Briggs Cunningham. He convinced his dealership to swap the proper black interior for a special-ordered white interior!