1969/5 Plymouth Road Runner Hardtop Black Velvet with Matt Black Hood "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1969/5 Plymouth Road Runner Hardtop Black Velvet with Matt Black Hood "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Has lift-off hood.
- Real rubber tires.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Opening doors and trunk.
- Accurate trunk and chassis.
- A12 reunion banner and wheel covers.
- Made of diecast with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-11, W-4, H-3 inches.
Bruce Bartie showed his A12 Plymouth Road Runner at 2 of 4 venues of the 50th anniversary A12 celebration (Mopars in the Park, MN and MCACN, IL). This is one of 1412 cars produced mid-year, all of which had: 440 c.i. engine, three 2BBL Holley carburetors, aluminum intake, lift-off fiberglass hood, 15" x 6" black wheels, and a 4.10 Dana rear. They were produced in coupe and hardtop versions with 4-speed or automatic transmissions. Bruce has had direct contact with three of four previous owners. He would like to credit Jim Berry, the second and longest owner, for his vision to keep his "family car" maintained and in running condition during the '70's to '90's when most muscle cars were lost to neglect. Jim ran this car at National Trail Raceway, driving there with family from his home a short distance away. This car was featured on Dream Car Garage in 2004 and at the 40th A12 anniversary in Carlisle, PA in 2009.