1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Semon "Bunkie" Knudson's Prototype Black and Gold Limited Edition to 1500 pieces Worldwide 1/18 Diecast Model Car by ACME
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Semon "Bunkie" Knudson's Prototype Black and Gold Limited Edition to 1500 pieces Worldwide die cast model car by ACME.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Folding front seats.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Detailed undercarriage.
- Officially licensed product.
- Highly detailed 429 engine.
- Opening hood, doors and trunk.
- Fully plumbed and wired engine.
- Made of diecast with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.5, W-4.25, H-3 inches.
This was one of the first prototype Boss 429s built by Kar Kraft, the performance race shop that Ford contracted to build many prototypes and race cars during this era. This 429 was an exceptionally rare piece. It was painted gloss black with a gold hood and gold sport slat rear louvers and gold C stripes, like on a Boss 302, but instead of having Boss 302 on the fenders it read Boss 429! This car was the very prototype designed by famed Mustang designer Larry Shinoda and was supposed to be delivered to the Ford president Semon "Bunkie" Knudson. Unfortunately this delivery never occurred as Knudson was fired from Ford soon before he was able to take delivery of this infamous 429. Not knowing the significance of the car, the 429 prototype was moved to the employee resale lot and was bought by a Ford employee. The whereabouts of this Mustang are still unknown. The employee who purchased the car sold it not long after the purchase and enthusiasts have been searching for it ever since!