1971 Buick GSX Hardtop Cortez Gold Metallic with Black Stripes "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Autoworld
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1971 Buick GSX Hardtop Cortez Gold Metallic with Black Stripes "Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals" (MCACN) die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Steerable wheels.
- Opening hood and doors.
- Accurate interior and chassis.
- Made of diecast with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior and engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.5, W-4, H-3 inches.
Owner Gordon Martin bought this car back in 2006. It’s 1 of 124 GSX's built in 1971. Other specs include the 455 stage 1 engine, a BB code turbo 400, A/C, the through-bumper N-25 exhaust option. and Cortez gold paint. With short summers, and minimal opportunities to drive the car, Gordon planned on selling his car to someone who’d enjoy it more after he and his wife traveled to their winter home in Phoenix, AZ. Just before heading home in the spring of 2018, he was invited to show his gold GSX at the November 2018 MCACN in Chicago.
It was a special honor to a part of the "GSX-TASY Invitational" display. So, Gordon decided to keep the car, and with renewed excitement, have it fully restored to Concours condition. Auto Kraft Race Cars & Restorations of Eau Claire, WI was chosen for the job. After countless hours of work in only 6 months, it won the Emerald Buick-First Time Shown Award, and the Classed Judged Award for Blue Ribbon Super Street Modified, plus many more at other venues!