1971 Plymouth Road Runner 440+6 Hardtop GY8 Gold Leaf Metallic with Black Top and Stripes "Class of 1971" "American Muscle 30th Anniversary" (1991-2021) 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Auto World
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1971 Plymouth Road Runner 440+6 Hardtop GY8 Gold Leaf Metallic with Black Top and Stripes "Class of 1971" "American Muscle 30th Anniversary" (1991-2021) die cast model car by Auto World.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Officially licensed product.
- Opening hood, doors and trunk.
- Made of diecast with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-11, W-4, H-3 inches.
In 1968, the goal of the Plymouth brand was to make a fun and fast car geared toward younger drivers but keep it affordable. The mid-sized, B-body icon known as the Plymouth Road Runner was born, opening up a whole new niche in the muscle car market. America's pavement has never been the same since. In 1971, the Plymouth Road Runner was completely restyled using the fuselage styling seen in the rest of the Chrysler lineup. Aerodynamics and handling were greatly improved, as well as luxury options like pile carpeting, powered seats, and additional soundproofing. The massive 426 HEMI and the 440+6 were still available, but it would be the last year for them.