Bell P39 Airacobra Fighter Plane Pilot Captain Alexander I. Pokryshkin Commander of 16 GFAR (1943) "Oxford Aviation" 1/72 Diecast Model Aircraft by Oxford Diecast
(You save $3.00)
- Brand new 1/72 scale diecast airplane model of Bell P39 Airacobra Fighter Plane Pilot Captain Alexander I. Pokryshkin Commander of 16 GFAR (1943) "Oxford Aviation" Series die cast model by Oxford Diecast.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Comes with a display stand.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Dimensions approximately L-5, W-5.5, H-1.75 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels, and surface details for an authentic representation of the real-life airplane.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- The Bell P-39 Airacobra was an American fighter aircraft used during World War II. It was known for its unconventional layout, with the engine located behind the pilot, and its armament of one 37 mm cannon and one machine gun in the nose. The aircraft was primarily used in the Pacific and Mediterranean theaters, as well as by the Soviet air force.
- One of the most famous pilots to fly the P-39 Airacobra was Captain Alexander Ivanovich Pokryshkin of the Soviet Union. He flew the P-39 while serving as the commander of the 16th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (GFAR) in 1943. Pokryshkin was a highly decorated pilot, with 59 confirmed kills and was awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union three times. He was known for his aggressive flying style and his ability to outmaneuver his enemies.
- The 1:72 Scale Model Aircraft by Oxford Diecast is a highly detailed and accurate replica of the Bell P-39 Airacobra flown by Captain Alexander Ivanovich Pokryshkin, commander of the 16 GFAR in 1943. The model features accurate markings and decals, and is a great representation of this important aircraft from World War II. This model is perfect for those interested in aviation history or model aircraft collecting and is a great way to honor the legacy of Alexander Ivanovich Pokryshkin, one of the most successful Soviet pilots of World War II. Add it to your collection today and own a piece of history.