Ferrari 288 GTO Rosso Corsa Red Limited Edition to 1500 pieces Worldwide 1/18 Model Car by GT Spirit
- Brand new 1/18 scale car model of Ferrari 288 GTO Rosso Corsa Red Limited Edition to 1500 pieces Worldwide model car by GT Spirit.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Detailed interior, exterior.
- Officially licensed product.
- Dimensions approximately L-10, W-4, H-3 inches.
- This item is made of resin and does not have any openings.
In the 80s, Ferrari wanted to start rallying. The idea was to prove that the Italian brand could do something other than Formula 1 and designed a sports car capable of tackling daily journeys like a little lap on the circuit. The Italian firm then embarked on the production of 200 units of the 288 GTO ("Gran Turismo Omologato") in order to validate its homologation with the FIA in order to integrate the Group B, the top of the top in terms of rally at the time. With the ambition to compete in the 1987 World Rally Championship season, the 288 GTO project was halted by the elimination of Group B at the end of the season of 1986 following numerous fatal accidents. Faced with growing demand, Ferrari built 72 additional units: the 288 GTO thus becoming a legend with a production of 272 units in total.