Opel Blitz "Porsche" Racing Transporter Red Limited Edition to 2,000 pieces Worldwide 1/18 Model by Schuco
- Brand new 1/18 scale model of Opel Blitz "Porsche" Racing Transporter Red Limited Edition to 2,000 pieces Worldwide by Schuco.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Has removable tailgate.
- Detailed interior, exterior.
- This model is made of resin.
- The transporter is able to hold three racing cars.
- The Opel Blitz double-cab articulated truck of the third post-war generation (1960 to 1965) was a further development of the Opel Blitz built between 1952 and 1960, and was designed for a payload of 1.9 tons. Under the much shorter and sloping bonnet you could expect to find the 70 bhp, 2.6 liter, six-cylinder petrol engine of the Opel Kapitän.
- The 'sloping bonnet' Blitz was available in various shapes and sizes, including a pick-up and box van version and a minibus. Furthermore, it was used as a truck tractor unit along with various special superstructures. The Opel Blitz was therefore also used in the world of motor racing to transport cars. Even though it was not suitable for transporting really heavy objects, it was ideal for some lighter-weight racing cars. As a result, the Porsche Racing Team from Stuttgart transformed an Opel Blitz articulated truck into a racing transporter for the safe transportation of three cars at the start of the sixties.
- Like all the other service vehicles of the Porsche Racing Team at that time, the Opel Blitz racing transporter was painted in the attractive guards red livery.
Racing cars such as the Porsche 718, the Porsche 904 GTS and the Porsche 906 Carrera were thus transported from the factory in Stuttgart to legendary circuits like Targa Florio in Sicily, Le Mans in France, the renowned Hockenheimring and the Nürburgring.