Skill 2 Model Kit George Barris Kustom 1965 Plymouth Barracuda "Fireball 500" SSXR "Commemorative Edition" 1/25 Scale Model by AMT
- Brand new 1/25 scale plastic model kit of George Barris Kustom 1965 Plymouth Barracuda "Fireball 500" SSXR "Commemorative Edition" (Skill 2) 1/25 plastic model kit by AMT.
- Brand new box.
- Pre-lettered tires.
- Expanded decal sheet.
- Complete bonus trailer.
- Optional tinted windows.
- Has chrome plated parts.
- Bonus commemorative photo insert.
- Designed and built by George Barris.
- Has metal axles and black vinyl tires.
- Modified "426 HEMI" Chrysler engine.
- Paint and cement required (not included).
- Window parts in clear and yellow-tint options.
- Parts molded in white, unless otherwise indicated.
- Expanded decals with 3 historic door logo options.
- Retro Deluxe "rare issue" commemorative packaging.
George Barris is known around the world as the "King of the Kustoms". He turned everyday cars into outright celebrities, featured in TV shows and on movie screens too! So naturally, George and his Barris Kustom crew were the ones who designed and built a high-powered, sleek-styled roadster, named after and featured in American International’s 1966 motion picture called "Fireball 500". It starred three of the decade’s favorite young actors: Frankie Avalon, Annette Funicello and Fabian! Starting as a stock 1966 Plymouth Barracuda, one of the Fireball 500’s outstanding features was its dual-cowl cockpits, streamlined into twin curved windshields.
Another very exciting feature of the Fireball 500 was the paintwork. A super high-luster paint finish that took seven men, six days and forty coats of hand-rubbed lacquer to get the wild multicolored blends from pearl white to deep burgundy. The kats at AMT are proud to bring you this very special edition of George Barris’ vintage Fireball 500 kit!