Southern Speed & Marine P-38 Belly Tanker Limited Edition 1/18 Diecast Model Car by ACME
- Brand new 1:18 scale diecast car model of Southern Speed & Marine P-38 Belly Tanker Limited Edition die cast car model by Acme.
- Brand new box.
- Rubber tires.
- Cloth seat belts.
- Metal wheel covers.
- Detailed interior, exterior.
- Removable windscreen and engine cover.
- Wired and plumbed flathead engine.
- Dimensions approximately L-9, W-3.75, H-2 inches.
- Acme is excited to announce our 1:18 Southern Speed & Marine P-38 Belly Tanker! The Southern Speed P-38 Tanker pays homage to the plane whose drop tanks would one day be converted into land speed racers at the Bonneville Salt Flats, the infamous P-38 Lightning! The P-38 Lightning was one of the most feared fighters of WWII. It had twin 1000hp Allison turbo-supercharged engines. This allowed the P-38 to reach a top speed of over 400mph, which was 100mph faster than any other fighter of the time. How ironic that it would one day play such a pivotal part in racing history with its drop tanks being used to set numerous land speed records!