1968 Pontiac Royal Bobcat GTO Meridian Turquoise and White with White Interior "Hemmings Muscle Machines" Magazine Cover Car (March 2020) 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Auto World
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1968 Pontiac Royal Bobcat GTO Meridian Turquoise and White with White Interior "Hemmings Muscle Machines" Magazine Cover Car (March 2020) die cast model car by Auto World.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Opening hood and doors.
- Officially licensed product.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-11, W-4, H-3 inches.
Purists turn their nose at mixing and matching of Pontiac history, but Paul Menin of Ashely Falls, Massachusetts did just that and saved his 1968 Pontiac GTO from becoming parts-car status. He found it in a Quonset hut in Thomaston, Connecticut. When he ordered up the car’s documentation from the Pontiac Historic Services, he realized this was a desirable car in a rare color, Meridian Turquoise. On the exterior, you’ll notice extra graphics that call out the Royal Bobcat performance kit. At one time, this car had the complete Royal Bobcat performance treatment which was produced and sold to enthusiasts nationwide. Over time, those pieces had been removed. To reconstruct this ‘68, Paul utilized all the sources for NOS parts that existed in the 1990s, plus, he added the Royal Bobcat parts from his own collection. Among those parts were new fenders, quarter panels, a front bumper, trunk lid, and the front valence. In addition, he added a reclining seat, 8-track player, AM/FM radio, power steering, power brakes, tilt steering, and Hurst five-spoke mag wheels. Paul also installed a 1971-vintage 400 short-block. To top it off, he added the correct 1968-vintage parts to form the Ram Air II equipment the car features today.