Curtiss P40 E Warhawk Fighter Plane Pilot: Robert Neale 1st Pursuit Squadron Kunming, China (1944) "Oxford Aviation" Series 1/72 Diecast Model Aircraft by Oxford Diecast
(You save $3.00)
- Brand new 1/72 scale diecast airplane model of Curtiss P40 E Warhawk Fighter Plane Pilot: Robert Neale 1st Pursuit Squadron Kunming, China (1944) "Oxford Aviation" Series die cast model by Oxford Diecast.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Comes with a display stand.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Dimensions approximately L-5.25 W-6, H-1.25 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels, and surface details for an authentic representation of the real-life airplane.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk was an American single-engine, single-seat, all-metal fighter and ground-attack aircraft that was used during World War II. It was first flown in 1938 and was widely used by the United States Army Air Corps and the British Royal Air Force.
- The P-40E Warhawk piloted by Robert Neale, of the 1st Pursuit Squadron, was deployed to Kunming, China in 1944 as part of the American Volunteer Group (AVG) also known as the Flying Tigers. The AVG was a group of American volunteer pilots who flew for the Chinese Nationalist government against the Japanese invasion during the Second Sino-Japanese War. The P-40E Warhawk was used extensively in the China-Burma-India theater, where its rugged design and strong armament made it well-suited for ground attack and air-to-air combat.
- Robert Neale flew many missions with the P-40E Warhawk in China, and he was known for his skill and bravery in battle. Despite the challenging conditions of the theater, the P-40E Warhawk proved to be a reliable and effective aircraft, and was highly valued by the AVG pilots.
- The Curtis Warhawk P40 E Pilot: Robert Neale 1st Pursuit Sqn Kunming, China 1944 by Oxford Diecast is a highly detailed and accurate replica of the actual aircraft. It is made of die-cast metal and plastic and is perfect for collectors and aviation enthusiasts. It is a great addition to any collection and is a must-have for anyone interested in the history of World War II aviation and the Flying Tigers.
P-40 Warhawk Fighter