Grumman F-14D Tomcat Fighter Aircraft "VF-31 Tomcat Sunset" (2006) United States Air Force "Air Power Series" 1/72 Diecast Model by Hobby Master
- Brand new 1/72 scale diecast model of Grumman F-14D Tomcat Fighter Aircraft "VF-31 Tomcat Sunset" (2006) United States Air Force "Air Power Series" die cast model by Hobby Master.
- Brand new box.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Has opening canopy.
- Includes display stand.
- Officially licensed product.
- Includes missile accessories.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Dimensions approximately Length- 10.25, Wingspan- 10.75 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels, and surface details for an authentic representation of the real-life airplane.
The F-14D Tomcat, famously known as "Tomcat Sunset," served as the pinnacle of carrier-based fighter aircraft for the United States Navy. Its story is closely tied to the turbulent times in which it operated, making it a symbol of American naval aviation might. The F-14D saw action in various conflicts, but its most notable deployment was during Operation Iraqi Freedom. These sleek and powerful aircraft were tasked with crucial missions, including air superiority and precision strikes. The Tomcat's versatility and formidable arsenal of weapons made it a linchpin in the Navy's air power during these operations. In September 2006, the "Tomcat Sunset" marked the end of an era as the F-14 was retired from active service. This iconic aircraft had left an indelible mark on naval aviation, and its departure was met with a mix of nostalgia and respect for its contributions. Now, you can own a piece of this aviation history with our meticulously crafted 1:72 scale model. It pays tribute to the aircraft's legacy as a symbol of American naval airpower and its role in various conflicts. Display it proudly, and let it serve as a reminder of the F-14's remarkable place in the annals of military aviation.