Mikoyan-Gurevich MIG-21SPS "The White Shark" Fighter Aircraft "22+02, JG-1, Drewitz Air Base, Germany" (1990) "Air Power Series" 1/72 Diecast Model by Hobby Master
- Brand new 1/72 scale diecast model of Mikoyan-Gurevich MIG-21SPS "The White Shark" Fighter Aircraft "22+02, JG-1, Drewitz Air Base, Germany" (1990) "Air Power Series" die cast model by Hobby Master.
- Brand new box.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Has opening canopy.
- Includes display stand.
- Officially licensed product.
- Includes missile accessories.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Dimensions approximately Length- 8, Wingspan- 3.75 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels, and surface details for an authentic representation of the real-life airplane.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- The MiG-21SPS is a Soviet-era fighter aircraft that was in service from the 1950s until the 1980s. It was widely exported to countries around the world and saw action in numerous conflicts, including the Vietnam War and the Arab-Israeli conflicts.
- Jagdgeschwader 1 (JG-1) was a German Air Force fighter squadron that operated the MiG-21SPS during the Cold War. Drewitz Air Base, located in eastern Germany, was one of the primary bases used by JG-1 for training and operations.
- In 1990, as the Cold War was coming to an end, JG-1 began to transition to newer aircraft, such as the MiG-29. The MiG-21SPS was gradually phased out of service, bringing an end to an era of aviation history.
- The MiG-21SPS JG-1, Drewitz Air Base, Germany, 1990, 1:72 scale model is a tribute to the skilled pilots and ground crews who operated this iconic aircraft during the Cold War. The model accurately represents the distinctive design of the MiG-21SPS, including the swept-back wings, single engine, and needle-like nose.
- Crafted with exceptional detail and accuracy, this model is a true collector's item. Display it with pride and honor the legacy of the Cold War era aviation.