Tirpitz German Battleship "Operation of Norway" (1942) 1/700 Scale Model by Forces of Valor
- Brand new 1/700 scale diecast model of Tirpitz German Battleship "Operation of Norway" (1942) die cast model by Forces of Valor.
- Brand new box.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Officially licensed product.
- Hand-painted workmanship.
- Rotating turrets and elevating guns.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Created from painstaking research and historical notes.
- Wooden look display stand with chrome plated metal pillars.
- Dimensions approximately L-14.25, W-2.125, H-3.25 inches.
- Warships can be displayed in battle mode nestled in their sea wave blisters.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- The German Battleship Tirpitz was one of the largest battleships of the Second World War. Commissioned in 1941, the Tirpitz was primarily used as a fleet-in-being, that is, to force the Allies to keep significant naval forces in the North Atlantic in order to contain her. In late 1942, the Tirpitz sailed to Norway, where she would remain for much of the rest of the war. She was heavily targeted by Allied air and naval forces, and several attempts were made to sink her, including the famous "Operation Tungsten" in April 1944. Despite suffering damage from several near misses and a torpedo hit, the Tirpitz remained afloat until November of 1944, when she was finally sunk by British bombers in Tromsø fjord.
- The Tirpitz played a significant role in the war in the North Atlantic, and her destruction was a major victory for the Allied forces. The 1:700 scale model of the Tirpitz allows collectors and history enthusiasts to appreciate the intricate details of this historic battleship. With its carefully crafted design and attention to detail, the Tirpitz model is a must-have for any collector or history buff.
Forces of Valor