Yakovlev Yak-3 Fighter Plane Pilot Roger Sauvage Nomandie Regiment (Spring 1945) "Oxford Aviation" Series 1/72 Diecast Model Airplane by Oxford Diecast
- Brand new 1/72 scale diecast airplane model of Yakovlev Yak-3 Fighter Plane Pilot Roger Sauvage Nomandie Regiment (Spring 1945) "Oxford Aviation" Series die cast model by Oxford Diecast.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Comes with a display stand.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Dimensions approximately L-4.5, W-5, H-1.25 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels, and surface details for an authentic representation of the real-life airplane.
The Yakovlev Yak-3 was a Soviet fighter aircraft used during World War II. It was known for its high speed, maneuverability, and durability, making it a formidable opponent in aerial combat. The Yak-3 entered service in 1944 and was used on the Eastern and Western fronts, as well as in the Mediterranean theater. The Yak-3 was flown by many Soviet aces during the war, including Roger Sauvage of the Normandie-Niemen Regiment, a unit of the Free French Air Force. Sauvage flew the Yak-3 during the spring of 1945, and was credited with several aerial victories. He was decorated with the title Hero of the Soviet Union and the Order of Lenin after the end of the war. The 1:72 Scale Model Aircraft by Oxford Diecast is a highly detailed and accurate replica of the Yakovlev Yak-3 flown by Roger Sauvage of the Normandie Regiment in Spring of 1945. The model features accurate markings and decals, and is a great representation of this important aircraft from World War II. This model is perfect for those interested in aviation history or model aircraft collecting, and it is a great way to honor the legacy of Roger Sauvage and the Free French Air Force that fought in the Eastern Front during World War II. Add it to your collection today and own a piece of history.