Heinkel 162 "Salamander" Jet Fighter Farnborough, England (1945) "Oxford Aviation" Series 1/72 Diecast Model Aircraft by Oxford Diecast
(You save $3.00)
- Brand new 1/72 scale diecast airplane model of Heinkel 162 "Salamander" Jet Fighter Farnborough, England (1945) "Oxford Aviation" Series die cast model by Oxford Diecast.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Comes with a display stand.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Dimensions approximately L-5.25, W-3.75, H-1.25 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels, and surface details for an authentic representation of the real-life airplane.
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- The Heinkel He 162, also known as the "Salamander", was a German single-engine, jet-powered fighter aircraft that was used during the final months of World War II. It was designed and built by the Heinkel company, and was the first operational jet-powered fighter to be deployed by the German Luftwaffe.
- The He 162 "Salamander" that was tested at Farnborough in 1945, was part of an experimental batch of the aircraft designed to be mass-produced quickly and cheaply using non-strategic materials. The aircraft was designed to be easy to fly and maintain, and it was intended to be a "people's fighter" that would be flown by inexperienced pilots.
- Despite its innovative design, the He 162 was not used in combat during the war, and only a small number were built. After the war, a few examples were captured and tested by the Allies, including the one that was tested at Farnborough. The He 162 was considered a remarkable achievement for its time, and it was the first jet aircraft to be mass-produced by any country.
- The Heinkel 162 "Salamander" Farnborough 1945 1:72 Scale Model Aircraft by Oxford Diecast is a highly detailed and accurate replica of the actual aircraft. It is made of die-cast metal and plastic and is perfect for collectors and aviation enthusiasts. It is a great addition to any collection and is a must-have for anyone interested in the history of World War II aviation and the development of jet-powered aircraft.