1972 Chevrolet Camaro RS Z28 Cream Yellow with Black Stripes "American Muscle" Series 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Auto World
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1972 Chevrolet Camaro RS Z28 Cream Yellow with Black Stripes "American Muscle" Series die cast model car by Auto World.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Officially licensed product.
- Has opening hood and doors.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-10.25, W-4, H-2.75 inches.
Several circumstances almost ended Chevrolet's pony car era in 1972. Over 1,100 incomplete late-production cars were scrapped or donated to vocational schools because they didn't comply with upcoming safety standards that were becoming more stringent. Production was halted for over five months due to industrial action. Despite the unfavorable circumstances, the ‘72 Camaro managed to find a home with 68,656 buyers that year. Out of those buyers, 2,575 chose the Z28 version. The look of a ’72 Camaro remained mostly unchanged, but it was distinguished from the previous two years by a new grille with a large egg crate style. Additionally, three-point shoulder belts were installed for the first time. The 1972 Chevy Camaro RS/Z28 was equipped with a 350 cubic inch V8 engine that produced 255 horsepower and had a top speed of around 120 mph. Unfortunately, 1972 marked the last year for the big block engine in the Camaro, making it a rare find.