Grumman F-14A Tomcat Fighter Aircraft "VF-31 Tomcatters" and Section L of USS Enterprise (CVN-65) Aircraft Carrier Display Deck "Legendary F-14 Tomcat" Series 1/200 Diecast Model by Forces of Valor
(You save $10.00)
- Brand new 1/200 scale diecast model of Grumman F-14A Tomcat Fighter Aircraft "VF-31 Tomcatters" and Section L of USS Enterprise (CVN-65) Aircraft Carrier Display Deck "Legendary F-14 Tomcat" Series die cast model by Forces of Valor.
- Brand new box.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Has retractable wings.
- Officially licensed product.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Dimensions approximately Length- 4, Wingspan- 3 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels, and surface details for an authentic representation of the real-life airplane.
- Includes section that connects with other models in the series to make a 1/200 scale replica of USS Enterprise (CVN-65) Aircraft Carrier Deck. Complete all 13 sections to build your own!
- HISTORY ASPECTS:
- The U.S. CVN-65 Enterprise, with its 4 inches Legend Section #L deck and F-14A BuNo.161280, was a formidable fighter aircraft that saw action in the 1983 Libyan conflict. The F-14A BuNo.161280 was flown by the VF-31 "Tomcatters" squadron and participated in operations against Libyan air defenses. The Enterprise played a critical role in the conflict by launching airstrikes against Libyan targets and providing air cover for U.S. Navy ships in the area.
- In 1986, the Enterprise participated in Operation El Dorado Canyon, a series of air strikes on Libya in response to Libyan-sponsored terrorism. VF-31 "Tomcatters" provided air cover for the strike group and were involved in several engagements with Libyan fighter jets.
- Throughout its service, the Enterprise was involved in numerous other operations and exercises, including Joint Task Force Exercise (JTFEX), Exercise Northern Edge, and RIMPAC.
- VF-31 "Tomcatters" were also involved in other conflicts and operations, including Operation Desert Shield, Operation Desert Storm, Operation Southern Watch, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Enduring Freedom.
- The conflict in Libya was a key moment in the history of U.S. naval aviation, and the U.S. CVN-65 Enterprise played a vital role in securing victory. The Enterprise's 4 inches Legend Section #L deck and F-14A BuNo.161280, as part of the VF-31 "Tomcatters" squadron, was at the forefront of this conflict and showcased the carrier's unparalleled capabilities. The 1/200 scale model of the Enterprise and its F-14A BuNo.161280 is a must-have for any aviation enthusiast looking to commemorate this historic moment in U.S. military history.
Forces of Valor
Grumman / LLV