Grumman F9F Panther Fighter Aircraft "VMF-311 United States Marine Corps" 1/100 Diecast Model Airplane by Postage Stamp
- Brand new 1/100 scale diecast airplane model of Grumman F9F Panther Fighter Aircraft "VMF-311 United States Marine Corps" die cast model by Postage Stamp.
- Detailed exterior.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Comes with a display stand.
- This model does not have any openings.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Dimensions approximately L-4.75, Wingspan-5 inches.
- Diecast metal and plastic construction for durability and a heavy, realistic feel.
- It is a highly detailed and accurate model, perfect for collectors and enthusiasts of military history.
The F9F Panther was Grumman's first jet-powered aircraft and was used extensively by the US Navy and Marine Corps as their primary fighter and ground-attack aircraft in the Korean War. It was a single-engined carrier fighter with permanently mounted wing tip fuel tanks, armed with four 20 mm (0.79 in) cannons and a wide assortment of air-to-ground munitions. The Panther scored the first Navy air victory of the war by shooting down a North Korean Yak-9 and had underrated dog-fighting capabilities. But it was more famous as a tough bird that brought its pilots home, including three celebrated Korean War pilots: Boston Red Sox slugger Ted Williams and future astronauts John Glenn and Neil Armstrong.