1985 Toyota MR2 MK1 RHD (Right Hand Drive) #38 Red and Black "Autocross Livery" 1/64 Diecast Model Car by Paragon Models
- Brand new 1/64 scale diecast car model of 1985 Toyota MR2 MK1 RHD (Right Hand Drive) #38 Red and Black "Autocross Livery" die cast model car by Paragon.
- Brand new box.
- Detailed exterior.
- Real rubber tires.
- True-to-scale detail.
- Officially licensed product.
- Does not have any openings.
- Comes in a plastic display showcase.
- Manufacturer's original unopened packaging.
- Made of diecast metal with some plastic parts.
- Dimensions approximately L-2.25 inches long.
How could the Mk2’s and Mk3’s have been made leaving out one of the most iconic 2 seaters of the mid 80’s which started it all? The instantly recognisable slab sided wedge with a truncated pyramid for a cabin is essential reading in any model car library. Pop up lights complete the look. Presented in Tokyo 1983 as the SV-3 concept car, it won approval from everyone and their dog, allowing Toyota to proceed to production with the design intact. Today the 2022 fuel price surge brings back memories of the late 1970’s from which the MR2 concept was born, which meant that it to be economical, reliable as well as a great driving experience to survive. It proved an extraordinary success by providing a metric ton of drivable fun whilst weighing less than that. Placing the engine in the middle and forgetting about luxuries like luggage and children (hence Midship Runabout 2 seater or MR2) means that no-one who has driven one forgets it.