- Brand new 1:18 scale diecast model car of 1938 Mercedes W 154 Silver die cast car model by CMC.
- Dimensions approximately L-10, W-4, H-2.5 inches.In 1938 a new racing formula was introduced, which limited the displacement of racing cars with a compressor to 3 litres. This changed rule was determining motor racing sport of the succeeding years.
- Mercedes-Benz developed an entirely new V12-engine with 485 hp for the W 154. A 5-speed transmission was added and was directly mounted on the de Dion rear axle. One tank was in the rear, a second in the cockpit, above the driver’s legs.
- In this vehicle the drivers Caracciola, Lang, von Brauchitsch and Seaman of the Daimler-Benz team gained one victory after the other. In 1938 Caracciola became European Champion. At the French Grand Prix on the 3rd of July, 1938, Mercedes-Benz gained a triple victory: von Brauchitsch came in first, Caracciola second and Hermann Lang third. In 1939 Hermann Lang became European Champion with the further developed W 154.
- Hand assembled from more than 500 parts
- Windscreen can be fold down
- Removable engine hood
- Finely imitaded and detailed engine
- Punched brake drums
- Spoke wheels with hand-drawn individually fitted wiresRadiator grill made of fine, handdrawn wires, soldered individually
- TECHNICAL DATA:
- V-12-engine with 2 Roots-compressors
- Displacement: 2.962 cm3
- Bore x stroke: 67 x 70 mm
- Maximum output: 485 hp at 7.500 rpm
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Wheel Base: 2.730 mm
- Front track: 1.470 mm
- Rear track: 1.410 mm
- Topspeed: 320 km/h
- 1938 Mercedes W 154 Silver 1/18 Diecast Car Model by CMC.